Change in Rules of Criminal Procedure, NCR-10,008, Continuances; Misc. Doc. No. 00-96
[30 Pa.B. 3922]
And Now, this 24th day of July 2000, the Court hereby adopts the following Northumberland County Rule of Criminal Procedure, to be effective thirty (30) days after the date of publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
It is further ordered that the District Court Administrator shall file seven (7) certified copies of this Rule with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts, two (2) certified copies to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin, one (1) certified copy to the Criminal Rules Committee and one (1) copy to the Northumberland County Legal Journal for publication in the Northumberland County Legal Journal.
It is further ordered that this local rule shall be kept continuously available for public inspection and copying in the Prothonotary's Office.
By the Court
HONORABLE ROBERT B. SACAVAGE,
MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE
NOW COMES ______ , (by and through (his) (her) (its) attorney,
(Name of party)
______ ,) and moves for a continuance as follows:
(Name of Attorney)
1. The above captioned matter is scheduled for
__________ (Nature of proceeding, i.e., arraignment, omnibus pre-trial, trial, etc.)
on the _____ day of ______ , 2 _____ , at _____ .m., before
(Name of Judge)
2. The opposing party is: ______ represented by ______ .
3. The proceeding was scheduled by
______ dated ______ .
(Notice or Order)
4. The proceeding (has) (has not) been previously continued ( _____ time(s)).
5. A continuance is requested because ______________________________(If a continuance is requested because of a conflicting court matter, state: the name of the case; the court; the nature of the scheduled proceeding; the date, time and expected duration of the conflicting proceeding; the date of the order or notice scheduling the conflicting proceeding.)
6. ____ The opposing party has been notified of this request and has no objection. __________
____ The opposing party has not been notified of this request._________________ .
Efforts to notify the opposing party include:
____ The opposing party objected to the continuance for the reasons stated herein: ____________________
7. I hereby certify that if a continuance is granted, I will notify all witnesses who would be appearing at my request.
8. I specifically request a continuance
____ of not less than ______
____ of not more than ______ (or)
____ to the next available date.
AND NOW, this _____ day of ______ , 2 _____ , upon consideration of the attached motion of
______ requesting a continuance.
____ the motion is denied.
____ the motion is granted and the
______ scheduled for
(Matter being continued)
______ at ______ ____ .m. before
______ is hereby continued until
(Name of Judge)
______ at ______ ____ .m.
The moving party shall promptly notify all interested parties of this order.
BY THE COURT:
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 00-1316. Filed for public inspection August 4, 2000, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.