Pennsylvania Medical Society Liability Insurance Company; Physicians and Surgeons Liability Rate Filing
[30 Pa.B. 4190]
On July 14, 2000, the Insurance Department (Department) received from the Pennsylvania Medical Society Liability Insurance Company a filing for a rate level change for physicians and surgeons liability rates.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society Liability Insurance Company requests to increase rates effective January 1,2001, by an overall 10.0% and to make other changes as summarized:
* Experience Rating Plan--to implement an Experience Rating Plan that provides claims-free physicians the opportunity for a 15% discount. Groups that are claims free will be eligible for additional discounts.
* Specialty Relativity Changes--to change the relativities for Oncology and Hematology/Oncology, Cardiology No Surgery, Neurology No Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery as well as other changes to the class relativities.
* The counties will be realigned into seven territories from the existing five.
* A charge for corporation, association and partnership coverage based upon 10% of all physician shareholder and employe premium.
* An increased limits factor of 10% to reflect the change in primary limits from $400,000/$1,200,000 to $500,000/$1,500,000.
* To increase the policy writing minimum from $200 to $500.
Copies of the filing are available for public inspection during normal working hours, by appointment, at the Department's offices in Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Erie.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments, suggestions or objections to Ken Creighton, ACAS, Insurance Department, Bureau of Regulation of Rates and Policies, 1311 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120 (e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days after publication of this notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 00-1353. Filed for public inspection August 4, 2000, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.