OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL
Notice of Extension to Submit Proposals and Clarification of Proposal Requirements for the Health Laws of Pennsylvania
[30 Pa.B. 1223]
The Office of General Counsel has prepared a manuscript, The Health Laws of Pennsylvania (Manuscript), which will serve as a desk reference for all lawyers who practice health law, health care providers and facilities, and government officials. The Manuscript, which is the first of its kind, is intended to provide a starting point for lawyers with health law questions. The focus of the Manuscript is the statutes and regulations of the Commonwealth, with some references to Federal law and case law for the sake of clarity or completeness. Through this Invitation to Publish (ITP), the Office of General Counsel is seeking proposals from vendors interested in publishing the Manuscript. The Manuscript must be published in a format that permits periodic updates.
All aspects of the ITP and the previously answered questions remain the same, except as to the following clarifications.
1. The minimum of 150 complimentary copies which must be provided to the Office of General Counsel as well as other discounted copies may include access in electronic format.
2. The electronic format may include cd-rom, Internet access, or both.
3. The date of publication of The Health Laws of Pennsylvania in electronic format may be different from the date of publication of the printed version. Publishers should simply include projected timeliness for publication in each format.
4. The authors of the book will be available throughout the publication process to assist the publisher. The primary contact for the publisher will be Howard Burde, the editor and one of the contributing authors.
5. The New Deadline: Sealed proposals must be submitted to the Office of General Counsel attention: Howard Burde, Esq., Deputy General Counsel, at the address listed within this notice. Proposals must be received at the listed address no later than 1 p.m. on Thursday March 9, 2000. Vendors mailing proposals should allow sufficient mail delivery time to insure timely receipt of their proposals. Proposals sent by fax will not be accepted. Late proposals will not be considered regardless of the circumstances.
6. The Manuscript will be available for review at the Office of General Counsel on Monday February 28, 2000, Tuesday February 29, 2000 and Wednesday March 1, 2000 from 9 to 5. Please schedule a time to review the Manuscript by calling Jackey Allen at 787-9347.
7. A method of developing the list of subjects and key words for the index should be suggested by the publisher. The list itself does not need to be part of the proposal. The authors will be available to assist the publisher in this process. The publisher may propose referring to existing health law resources to assist in the development of the index.
8. Questions regarding the ITP or the Manuscript will be responded to in writing with copies to all those who either have requested or will request the ITP. Questions should be submitted to Howard Burde at the address or fax number listed. The deadline for submitting questions is Thursday March 2, 2000.
9. Interested parties may obtain a copy of the ITP and previously answered questions by sending a written re-quest to Howard Burde, Esq., Deputy General Counsel, by mail at the Office of General Counsel, 333 Market Street, 17th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101 or by fax at (717) 772-9187. The Office of General Counsel has the right to reject any and all proposals received as a result of this ITP, or to negotiate separately with competing vendors.
Deputy General Counsel
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 00-360. Filed for public inspection February 25, 2000, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.