[31 Pa.B. 4144]
Public Meeting held
July 13, 2001
Commissioners Present: Glen R. Thomas, Chairperson; Robert K. Bloom, Vice Chairperson; Aaron Wilson, Jr.; Terrance J. Fitzpatrick
INET Interactive Network System, Inc.; Doc. No. A-310833
By the Commission:
INET Interactive Network System, Inc. (INET) has not paid its monthly Universal Service Fund assessment pursuant to 52 Pa. Code §§ 63.161--63.171 since January 2001. In its efforts to collect payment, Law Bureau Prosecutory Staff was advised by the court-approved manager of the company's assets that INET is in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding which it filed in February 2001. The manager expects the case will be converted into a Chapter 7 proceeding in the near future. The manager also advised that INET ceased doing business in December 2000. Finally, he advised that he has no objection to the Commission revoking INET's certificate as it does not intend to revive its business.
INET, an interexchange reseller, was granted a certificate of public convenience by the Commission on September 15, 1999, at A-310833. Based upon the findings of the Prosecutory Staff, we believe that it is appropriate to revoke INET's certificate without the necessity of first filing a formal complaint. Finally, INET does not have any current customers in Pennsylvania, and INET was never assigned any NXX codes. For these reasons, we tentatively conclude that revocation of INET's certificate pursuant to 66 Pa.C.S. § 1102(a)(2) will not be detrimental to the public interest; Therefore,
It is Ordered:
1. That INET Interactive Network System, Inc.'s certificate of public convenience is hereby tentatively approved to be revoked as being in the public interest.
2. That a copy of this Tentative Order be published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin giving all persons having an interest in this proceeding 30 days from the date of publication to file a written response.
3. That absent the filing of adverse public comment 30 days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin, this Tentative Order shall become final without further order of this Commission.
4. That upon this order becoming final and without further action by the Commission, the certificate of public convenience held by INET Interactive Network System, Inc. at A-310833 shall be cancelled, and the company's name stricken from all active utility lists maintained by the Tariff and Annual Report Section of the Commission's Bureau of Fixed Utility Services and the Assessment Section of the Bureau of Audits.
5. That a copy of this Order be served upon the Office of Consumer Advocate, the Office of Small Business Advocate, the Office of Trial Staff, and the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.
JAMES J. MCNULTY,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 01-1408. Filed for public inspection July 27, 2001, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.