Manatawny Creek Watershed Conservation Management Plan
[32 Pa.B. 4047]
The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR), Bureau of Recreation and Conservation has approved the Manatawny Creek Watershed Conservation Management Plan (Plan) and is placing the Manatawny Creek, the watershed and all tributaries in Berks and Montgomery Counties; Sprogels Run, the watershed in Montgomery County and Sanatoga Creek, the watershed and all tributaries in Montgomery County covered in the Plan, on the Pennsylvania Rivers Conservation Registry (Registry).
The Berks County Conservancy (Conservancy) submitted the Plan and other required information to gain Registry status.
After review of the Plan and other information, the DCNR has determined that the Pennsylvania Rivers Conservation Program (Program) requirements have been satisfied and places the following on the Registry:
1. The watershed area of Manatawny Creek (Berks and Montgomery Counties) from the headwaters to its confluence with the Schuylkill River--91.5 square miles.
2. All tributary streams within the Manatawny Creek Watershed.
3. The watershed area of Sprogels Run (Montgomery County) from the headwaters to its confluence with the Schuylkill River--9.7 square miles.
4. The watershed area of Sanatoga Creek (Montgomery County) from the headwaters to its confluence with the Schuylkill River--15.5 square miles.
5. Hartenstine Creek, a tributary within the Sanatoga Creek Watershed.
This action becomes effective August 17, 2002. Projects identified in the Plan become eligible for implementation, development or acquisition grant funding through Program.
A copy of the Final Plan is available for review at Berks County Conservancy, 25 North Eleventh Street, Reading, PA 19601, (610) 392-4992 and Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Rachel Carson State Office Building, 400 Market Street, 6th floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101, (717) 787-2316.
Maps and supporting data are on file at the Conservancy.
JOHN C. OLIVER,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 02-1429. Filed for public inspection August 16, 2002, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.