Retention of an Engineering/Construction Management Firm
[32 Pa.B. 716]
Project Management/Cost Control and Construction Documentation System; Reference No. 3-147
The Turnpike Commission (Commission) will retain an engineering firm that performs construction management services, to develop a system design and construction, for a process driven Project Management/Cost Control and Construction Documentation System. The Engineering Department intends to implement the appropriate technology system to properly maintain construction documentation and project administration processes and to manage, track and control project resources.
The following factors will be considered by the Commission during the evaluation of the firms submitting Statements of Interest for these projects:
A. Specialized experience and technical competence of prime consultant and subconsultants. The Team must clearly demonstrate an ability to analyze available data to make decisions and develop documents to complete the project in a timely and cost effective manner.
B. Ability and methods to efficiently and effectively manage the implementation of this system in conjunction with existing construction documentation requirements and procedures.
C. Past record of performance with respect to cost control, work quality, ability to meet schedules and previous experience on similar projects. The consultant should identify similar projects that have been completed by that firm as the prime, the magnitude of the project and the client.
D. Project Management Team Experience:
1. Experience with the Commission's Construction policies, procedures and best practices.
2. Experience with the Commission's project development and project management process.
3. Experience in preparing plans, specifications and estimates in accordance with established project criteria.
4. Experience in development and implementation of construction management/engineering technology, construction project management and cost control expert systems, Construction Documentation Systems, Client Server Technology, WAN/LAN system integration, XML and browser centric applications.
5. Past performance with the Commission pertaining to the Construction and Construction Management Phases of the Capital Plan Programs.
E. The specific experience and number of individuals who constitute the firm.
F. Workload of the prime consultant and subconsultants for all Department of Transportation (Department) and Commission projects.
G. Other factors, if any, specific to the project.
Address these items and any necessary further details in a brief yet comprehensive manner in the statement of interest.
The Commission is committed to the inclusion of disadvantaged, minority and woman firms in contracting opportunities. The minimum participation level for DBE/MBE/WBEs in this contract will be 10% total. Responding firms shall clearly identify DBE/MBE/WBE firms expected to participate in this contract, in their statement of interest. If the selected firm does not meet the minimum requirement for DBE/MBE/WBE participation, the firm will be required to demonstrate good faith efforts to achieve the required level. Proposed DBE/MBE/WBE firms must be certified by the Department at the time of the submission of the statement of interest. If further information is desired concerning DBE/MBE/WBE participation, direct inquiries to the Commission's Contracts Administration office by calling (717) 939-9551 ext. 4241.
Specific details and requirements related to this project are identified in the conceptual scope of work for the Project Management/Cost Control and Construction Documentation System. Firms interested in obtaining a copy of this document or have additional questions can direct their project inquiries to Michael J. Phillips, (717) 939-9551 ext. 3522; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contractual questions should be directed to George M. Hatalowich, (717) 986-8737; or by e-mail to email@example.com.
General Requirements and Information
Firms interested in providing the previous work and services are invited to submit a statement of interest with the required information. The Statements of Interest must include the following:
1. One page transmittal letter clearly identifying the project reference number, brief description of the project from the advertisement, the firm's Federal identification number, the firm's legal name, contact person or project manager, address of corporate office and project office. (If the firm has multiple offices, the location of the office performing the work must be identified).
2. A three-page expression of interest on the advertised project. Each firm should demonstrate their ability to perform the specific requirements indicated for the project and provide an explanation of the technical approach.
3. An organization chart for the Project, identifying key personnel and any subconsultants and their roles. Any deviation from the subconsultant's listed in the statement of interest will require written approval from the Commission.
4. Tabulation of workload for the prime consultant and all subconsultants for all Department and Commission projects.
5. A Consultant Qualification Package similar to the one submitted to the Department for the current year or one that is best suited for this project. A copy of the Consultant Qualification Package printed directly from the Department's ECMS website is acceptable.
The Consultant Qualification Package should contain at a minimum the following information for the prime consultant and all subconsultants and attached to the back of the statement of interest (subs to follow primes):
* ECMS General Information and Project Experience Forms or Standard Form (SF) 254--Architect-Engineer and Related Services Questionnaire in its entirety, either not more than 1 year old as of the date of the advertisement.
* Resumes of key personnel expected to be involved in the project. (limit to two 8 1/2 × 11 pages, per person). Only resumes of key personnel should be included.
* Copy of the firm's registration to do business in this Commonwealth as provided by the Department of State for firms with out-of-State headquarters or corporations not incorporated in this Commonwealth.
* A copy of the Department's DBE/WBE Certification, if applicable.
If a joint venture responds to a project advertisement, the Commission will not accept separate statements of interest from joint venture constituents. A firm will not be permitted to submit a statement of interest on more than one joint venture for the same project reference number. Also, a firm that responds to a project as a prime may not be included as a designated subconsultant to another firm that responds to the same project advertisement. Multiple responses under any of the forgoing situations will cause the rejection of all responses of the firm or firms involved. This does not preclude a firm from being set forth as a designated subconsultant to more than one prime consultant responding to the project advertisement.
Firms interested in performing the previous services are invited to submit a statement of interest and required information to George M. Hatalowich, Engineering Contract Manager, Turnpike Commission Administration Building, 700 South Eisenhower Boulevard, Middletown, PA 17057 (street address). The Commission mailing address is P. O. Box 67676, Harrisburg, PA 17106-7676.
The statement of interest and required information must be received by 12 p.m., Friday, February 15, 2002. Any statements of interest received after this date and time will be time-stamped and returned.
Based on an evaluation of acceptable statements of interest received in response to this solicitation, one firm will be selected for this project. Oral presentations may be required prior to selection. The order of preference will be established for the purpose of negotiating an agreement with the highest ranked firm established by the Technical Review Committee and approved by the Selection Committee. Technical Proposals or Requests for Proposals will not be requested prior to selection.
The Commission reserves the right to reject all statements of interest, to cancel solicitation requested under this notice and/or to readvertise solicitation for the work and services.
BRADLEY L. MALLORY,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 02-208. Filed for public inspection February 1, 2002, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.