Mercer Mutual Insurance Company; Public Informational Hearing; Plan of Conversion
[33 Pa.B. 1791]
The Insurance Department (Department) will hold a public informational hearing regarding the proposed Plan of Conversion (plan) submitted by Mercer Mutual Insurance Company (Mercer Mutual), a Pennsylvania domiciled mutual casualty insurance company. The proposed plan provides for conversion of Mercer Mutual from a Pennsylvania mutual casualty insurance company to a Pennsylvania stock casualty insurance company. In furtherance to the transaction, Mercer Insurance Group, Inc., a Pennsylvania domiciled corporation, submitted a request for approval to acquire control of all of the authorized capital stock of Mercer Mutual upon consummation of the previously referenced conversion. The plan was submitted for approval under the Insurance Company Mutual-to-Stock Conversion Act (act) (40 P. S. §§ 911-A--929-A) and the Insurance Holding Companies Act (40 P. S. §§ 991.1401--991.1413). Policyholders and interested persons are invited to attend and participate in the hearing. Individuals may attend the hearing without any obligation to speak at the hearing.
1. Date and Time: May 15, 2003, at 9 a.m.
2. Location: Capitol Associates Building, 901 North 7th Street, Room 200, Harrisburg, PA 17102.
3. Nature of Hearing: The public informational hearing will provide an opportunity for policyholders and interested persons to present comments relevant to the proposed plan. The proceeding will be recorded and a transcript may be purchased directly from the court reporter.
4. Legal Authority: The public informational hearing will be held under the act.
5. ADA Notice: Individuals who require the assistance of auxiliary aids or services to participate in or attend this public informational hearing should contact Tracey Pontius, Director of the Bureau of Administration, (717) 787-4298. Hearing impaired persons should call the Department's TTY/TDD (717) 783-3898.
6. Written Comments: Persons unable to attend the public informational hearing or persons who prefer to submit written comments instead of speaking at the hearing should submit comments to Robert E. Brackbill, Jr., Chief, Company Licensing Division, Insurance Department, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, fax (717) 787-8557, email@example.com. Comments received will be part of the public record regarding this filing.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 03-642. Filed for public inspection April 4, 2003, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.