Three Rivers Conservation Plan
[34 Pa.B. 3157]
The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (Department), Bureau of Recreation and Conservation, has approved the Three Rivers Conservation Plan (Plan) and is placing segments of the Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio Rivers and all tributaries covered in the Plan in Allegheny County on the Pennsylvania Rivers Conservation Registry (Registry).
The Pennsylvania Environmental Council (Council) submitted the Plan and other required information to gain Registry status.
After review of the Plan and other information, the Department has determined that the Pennsylvania Rivers Conservation Program (Program) requirements have been satisfied and places the following on the Registry:
* A segment of the Ohio River from the Emsworth Lock and Dam (MM 6.2) to the Point at Pittsburgh (MM 0.0), Allegheny County--6.2 linear miles.
* A segment of the Allegheny River from the Point to Lock and Dam No. 3 (MM 14.5), Allegheny County--14.5 linear miles.
* A segment of the Monongahela River from the Point to the Glenwood Bridge (MM 6.0), Allegheny County--6 linear miles.
* A corridor extending from 1 mile east from each river segment's east bank to 1 mile west of each segment's west bank.
* The portion of all tributary streams within the river corridor.
This action becomes effective June 19, 2004. Projects identified in the Plan become eligible for implementation, development or acquisition grant funding through the Program.
A copy of the Plan is available for review at the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, 22 Terminal Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, (412) 481-9400; and the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Rachel Carson State Office Building, 400 Market Street, 6th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101, (717) 787-7672.
Maps and supporting data are on file at the Council.
MICHAEL F. DIBERARDINIS,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 04-1074. Filed for public inspection June 18, 2004, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.