Request for Proposal
[38 Pa.B. 1362]
[Saturday, March 22, 2008]
CPC 07-108: Reconstruction of the South East Balustrade, Capitol Complex. Complete disassembly and reconstruction of granite balustrade, balustrade caps, steps, pilasters, pylons, base blocks and wall panels; selective repair of scheduled existing granite defects; cleaning and application of antimicrobial agent; construction of new reinforced concrete augmentation wall (buttress) to reinforce existing balustrade foundation wall; Installation of new waterproofing along interior face of buttressed foundation wall; removal of two existing trees and root systems and grade restoration within the south east plaza areas; excavation, backfilling, final grading and restoration of all disturbed landscaped areas along the balustrade walls; installation of new foundation drainage system and connection to existing storm drain inlet; refinishing of existing metal railings. A $100 deposit will be required for a set of plans and specifications (payable to the Capitol Preservation Committee). Proposals must be sealed and stamped ''received'' at the following address.
* Issue for proposal: March 26, 2008, at 10 a.m.
* Proposal receipt date and time: April 23, 2008, at 2 p.m. prevailing time.
* Mandatory preproposal conference and detailed site review: April 2, 2008, at 10 a.m., convening in the offices of the Capitol Preservation Committee, Room 630, Main Capitol Building.
* Proposal Period: Proposal must remain firm for 120 calendar days following proposal receipt date.
* Mail proposal to: Capitol Preservation Committee, Room 630, Main Capitol Building, Harrisburg, PA 17120-0028
* Committee Proposal Services: (717) 783-6484 or fax (717) 772-0742
* Architect: VITETTA; Contact Joe Sorrentino, (215) 218-4881
Notice to Contractors: Proposers shall be required to conclusively establish that they employ highly qualified personnel, skilled and experienced in the work of this contract. The specifications prepared for this work establishes the requirements for the contractor's proposal. The specifications, contents of the proposal, the proposal information and the project manual shall become part of the contract documents.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 08-507. Filed for public inspection March 21, 2008, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.