Notice to Medical Malpractice Insurance Carriers and Self-Insured Health Care Providers
[38 Pa.B. 4964]
[Saturday, September 6, 2008]
Insurance companies that offer basic limits medical malpractice coverage are required to report medical malpractice claims information to the Insurance Department (Department) for insureds who are subject to the Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (MCARE) Act (act) (40 P. S. §§ 1303.101--1303.910). Organizations and physicians that self-insure their medical malpractice exposures are also required to report this claims information. These reports are required under section 743 of the act (40 P. S. § 1303.743).
The claims information must be reported to the MCARE Fund and to the Department. The following calendar year 2007 claims information is due to the Fund and the Department by October 15, 20087:
* The aggregate amount of premium earned.
* The aggregate amount of losses paid.
* The aggregate amount of losses incurred.
* The aggregate amount of loss reserves outstanding.
* The aggregate amount of loss adjustment expenses paid.
* The aggregate amount of loss adjustment expenses incurred.
* The aggregate amount of loss adjustment expense reserves outstanding.
* A table showing separately by accident year and county the number of claims first reported (or arising) in 2007.
* A table showing separately by accident year and disposition (that is, judgment of arbitration panel, judgment of court, settlement or other) the number of claims closed by county (or disposed) in 2007.
* A separate table for each type of disposition previously identified showing for claims closed (or disposed) in 2007 separately by accident year: the number of claims closed (or disposed) with payment; the total losses incurred for those claims closed with payment; and the basic coverage premiums collected.
Reports must be submitted as an Excel spreadsheet. A letter has been mailed instructing medical malpractice carriers to submit their 2007 data.
Medical malpractice carriers who have not received a letter should contact Bojan Zorkic, Actuarial Associate, 1311 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, (717) 787-6968, email@example.com. Questions should be directed to Bojan Zorkic.
JOEL SCOTT ARIO,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 08-1645. Filed for public inspection September 5, 2008, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.