Local Rules of Criminal Procedure; No. 975 Misc. of 2013
[44 Pa.B. 16]
[Saturday, January 4, 2014]
The Amendments to Beaver County L.R. Crim. P. 117, as follows, have been adopted. The Court Administrator shall:
(1) file one certified copy of this Order and the following Rule with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts;
(2) distribute two certified copies of this Order and the following Rule and a computer diskette to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
(3) file one certified copy of this Order and the following Rule with the Criminal Procedural Rules Committee of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
The Clerk of Courts shall keep a copy of the following proposed Amendments to Local Rule 117 available for public inspection and copying pursuant to Pa. R.Crim.P. 105(c)(5).
By the Court
JOHN D. McBRIDE,
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO L.R. 117 OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
L.R. 117. Coverage Magisterial District Judges.
(1) All Magisterial District Judge Offices shall be open for regular business on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. prevailing time.
(2) Magisterial District Judges shall be available 24 hours per day, every day of the calendar year to provide continuous coverage for the issuance of warrants, pursuant to Pa. R.Crim.P. 203; arrest warrants pursuant to Pa. R.Crim.P. 513; requests to accept bail and to issue emergency orders under the Protection from Abuse Act.
The Magisterial District Judges shall satisfy this rule by remaining on-call during non-regular business hours on a rotating basis pursuant to a schedule prepared by the Court Administrator. The schedule shall be distributed and publicized pursuant to past practice.
(3) Magisterial District Judges shall be available during non-regular business hours each day at 7:30 A.M., 2:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. for the purpose of providing the services set forth in Pa. R.Crim.P. 117(A)(2)(a), (b), (c) and (d). The availability of each Magisterial District Judge shall be on a rotating basis pursuant to the same schedule proposed pursuant to subdivision (2) and shall be publicized pursuant to past practice.
(4) Magisterial District Judges shall be available during regular business hours for all other business.
(5) Each Magisterial District Judges shall be available to preside over preliminary hearings at the Beaver County Courthouse, or such other location that may be established for ''Central Court,'' on a rotating basis pursuant to a schedule prepared by the Court Administrator.
(6) This rule shall be effective thirty (30) days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin, provided the requirements of Pa. R.Crim.P. 105(c) have been satisfied.
Hours of Operation of Magisterial District Courts; Administrative Doc. No. 975 of 2013
And Now, this 17th day of December, pursuant to Rule 17 (B)(5) of the Rules Governing Standards of Conduct of Magisterial District Judges, it is hereby Ordered that commencing January 2, 2014, the regular business hours of the Magisterial District Courts within Judicial District 36 shall be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
By the Court
JOHN D. McBRIDE,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 14-7. Filed for public inspection January 3, 2014, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.