Application for Approval to Merge with Hospital Service Association of Northeastern Pennsylvania, d/b/a Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania
[44 Pa.B. 6174]
[Saturday, September 27, 2014]
Notice of Public Informational Hearing
Persons are hereby notified that the Insurance Department (Department) will hold a public informational hearing regarding the proposed merger of Hospital Service Association of Northeastern Pennsylvania, d/b/a Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania (BCNEPA) with and into Highmark, Inc. Pennsylvania domiciled insurer subsidiaries of BCNEPA affected by the proposed merger include: First Priority Life Insurance Company, Inc. and HMO of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Inc., d/b/a First Priority Health. The application was received on February 18, 2014, and was made under Article XIV of The Insurance Company Law of 1921 (40 P. S. §§ 991.1401—991.1413). Policyholders and interested persons are invited to attend and participate in the hearing. Persons may attend the hearing without any obligation to speak at the hearing.
1. Date and Time: Wednesday, November 12, 2014,
hearing to begin at 9 a.m. with
evening session to begin at 7 p.m.
2. Location: Hilton Scranton and Conference Center
100 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
3. Nature of Hearing: The public informational hearing will provide an opportunity for policyholders and interested persons to present comments relevant to the previously-referenced transaction. The proceeding will be recorded by a court reporter.
4. Legal Authority: The public informational hearing will be held under the provisions of Article XIV of The Insurance Company Law of 1921.
5. Written Comments: Persons who are unable to attend the public informational hearing or would prefer to submit written comments instead of speaking at the hearing concerning the previously-referenced transaction, may do so by mailing or delivering a copy of the comments to Cressinda E. Bybee, Senior Insurance Company Licensing Specialist, Company Licensing Division, Insurance Department, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, fax (717) 787-8557, email@example.com. Be advised that all comments received will be part of the public record regarding this filing and will be posted on the Department's web site as well as shared with the applicant.
6. Preregister to Attend the Public Informational Hearing: Persons attending the public informational hearing will be asked to sign in at the registration desk. To expedite signing in, the Department would strongly encourage preregistration on or before November 5, 2014, at www.insurance.pa.gov. Note that preregistration is not required. An advance copy of the agenda will be distributed to persons who preregister to attend the public informational hearing.
7. Preregister to Speak at the Public Informational Hearing: Individuals wishing to present comments should register in advance. Walk-ins will be accepted, time permitting. Preregister in advance at the previously listed web site. The Department anticipates scheduling 10-minute time slots per individual, but will take into account other factors.
Individuals are encouraged to submit their written comments on or before November 5, 2014. After preregistering online to speak, submit advance copies of comments to Cressinda E. Bybee at the previously listed address, fax number or e-mail address.
It is anticipated that speakers will be heard in the following general order:
a) Preregistered speakers who filed written comments as provided previously by November 5, 2014.
b) Preregistered speakers who did not file written comments as provided previously by November 5, 2014.
c) Same day walk-in requests to speak, time permitting.
d) Speakers who wish to present additional comments, time permitting.
8. ADA Notice: Individuals who require the assistance of auxiliary aids or services to participate in or attend this public informational hearing are asked to call the Director of the Bureau of Administration at (717) 787-4298. Individuals who are hearing impaired are asked to call the Department, TTY/TDD (717) 783-3898.
9. Updates: The Department encourages the public to check the Department's web site for updates. Additional details concerning the hearing such as the availability to view the proceeding by means of web stream will be posted on the web site as the time for the hearing approaches.
MICHAEL F. CONSEDINE,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 14-2032. Filed for public inspection September 26, 2014, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.