Rule of Civil Procedure 205.2(a); No. 12167 of 2014
[44 Pa.B. 7171]
[Saturday, November 15, 2014]
And Now, this 22nd day of October, 2014, Luzerne County Rules of Civil Procedure are hereby revised as follows:
1. Luzerne County Rule of Civil Procedure 205.2(a) is hereby provided in the following copy of the same.
2. It is further Ordered that the Court Administrator shall file one (1) certified copy of this Rule with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts, two (2) copies to the Legislative Reference Bureau, one (1) certified copy to the Civil Procedural Rules Committee, one (1) certified copy to the Judicial Council of Pennsylvania Statewide Rules Committee, and one (1) copy to the Luzerne Legal Register for publication in the next issue.
3. It is further Ordered that the effective date of this order shall be effective upon publication on the UJS Portal.
4. It is further Ordered that these local rules shall be kept continuously available for public inspection and copying in the Office of Judicial Records and Services of Luzerne County.
By the Court
THOMAS F. BURKE, Jr.,
Luzerne Co.R.Civ.P. 205.2(a)
Rule 205.2(a). Required Redaction of Pleadings and Other Papers Filed with the Court.
Unless required by an applicable law or rule of court, or unless ordered by the court, any party or non-party making a paper or electronic filing of a legal paper as defined in Pa.R.C.P. No. 205.4(a)(2) in the Prothonotary's Office must redact identifying information appearing in the filing, including any attachments thereto, as follows:
(1) An individual's or business entity's social security number or taxpayer identification number must be redacted, provided that the filing may include the last four digits of the social security number or employer identification number;
(2) An individual's date of birth must be redacted, provided that the filing may include the year of an individual's birth;
(3) With respect to any financial account number, including but not limited to any bank account, investment account, or credit card account, the account number must be redacted, as well as any PIN, password or other number used to secure such account, provided that the filing may include the last four digits of the account number;
(4) The court may order, for good cause shown in a specific case, that additional information must be redacted from any filing, including but not limited to the home street address or driver's license number of a specified individual, medical records, treatment, diagnosis, individual financial information and proprietary or trade secret information;
(5) The court may order the person making a redacted filing to file, in addition, an unredacted copy under seal; and
(6) Where the court has permitted a filing to be made under seal, the court may later unseal the filing and may order the filing party to redact the filing at that time.
The responsibility for redacting the identifying information rests with the party or non-party making the filing and his or her counsel. Legal papers will not be reviewed by the Prothonotary for compliance with this Rule.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 14-2354. Filed for public inspection November 14, 2014, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.