Title 255—LOCAL COURT RULES
Local Rules of Criminal Procedure L.R.CRIM.PRO. 552; Administrative Doc. No. 68-2022
[52 Pa.B. 3418]
[Saturday, June 18, 2022]
It is hereby Ordered that Beaver County Local Rules of Criminal Procedure 552 is modified as follows:
Deleted text is bold and bracketed. New text is bold and underlined.
Rule 552. Administrative Processing and Identification.
(A) In all cases in which a defendant has been charged with an offense of a third degree misdemeanor or greater, the defendant shall be required to appear at the Beaver County Regional Booking Center (RBC) located in the Beaver County Jail, 6000 Woodlawn Boulevard, Aliquippa, PA, 15001.
(B) Pursuant to 18 Pa.C.S. 9112, an arresting authority shall be responsible for taking the fingerprints of persons arrested for misdemeanors, felonies or summary offenses which become misdemeanors on a second arrest after conviction of a summary offense. The Regional Booking Center shall serve as the designated fingerprinting site for all arresting authorities in Beaver County.
(C)(1) In cases in which a defendant has been arraigned at the District Justice office and fails to post bond, the defendant shall be fingerprinted and photographed at the RBC subsequent to his or her commitment at the Beaver County Jail.
(2) In cases in which a defendant has been arrested during night, weekend or holiday hours, unless the charges proceed by summons, the defendant shall be taken directly to the RBC for a video arraignment and booking procedure before being committed to the Beaver County Jail or being released on bond.
(3) In cases of private prosecutions, the defendant may only be fingerprinted and photographed after conviction of the alleged offense. An order shall be issued from the Court of Common Pleas after such conviction directing the Defendant to report to the RBC to be fingerprinted and photographed.
(4) In cases which proceed by issuance of a summons, the District Justice presiding at Central Court at the scheduled Preliminary Hearing, shall order the defendant to submit to the Regional Booking Center within five (5) days following the date of issuance of such order.
(D) A booking fee of [fifty dollars ($50.00)] two hundred dollars ($200.00) shall be assessed and collected by the Beaver County Clerk of Courts after sentencing upon conviction of or plea to a misdemeanor or felony offense or acceptance into the Accelerated Rehabilitation Program. This fee will not apply to those Defendants whose cases are dismissed by the District Justice, withdrawn or nolle prossed by the Commonwealth or who enter a guilty plea to a summary offense at the time of the preliminary hearing.
This Order shall be effective thirty (30) days following publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
The District Court Administrator is directed to:
1. File one (1) certified copy of this Administrative Order with the Administrative office of Pennsylvania Courts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. File two (2) paper copies and one (1) electronic copy in Microsoft Word format only to email@example.com with Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
3. Publish a copy of this Administrative Order on the Beaver County Court of Common Pleas website, https://www.beavercountypa.gov/Depts/Courts/Pages/default.aspx, after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
4. Incorporate the Local rule into the Local Rules of this Court within thirty (30) days after publication of the Local Rules in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
5. Keep a copy of this Administrative Order continuously available for public inspection and copying in the Beaver County Law Library.
By the Court
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 22-891. Filed for public inspection June 17, 2022, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.