HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY
Request for Proposals; Conference Planning Consultant for Housing Services Conference
[33 Pa.B. 455]
The Housing Finance Agency (Agency) is currently planning a Statewide housing services conference for June 25-27, 2003. The conference will be held at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, State College, PA. It is anticipated that approximately 300-400 persons will be in attendance over the 3-day period. The Agency is requesting interested conference and convention planners to respond to this Request for Proposal. The selected conference planner shall be responsible for the following types of services:
1. Assist with identifying conference speakers.
2. Assist with conference speaker logistics and contracts, including but not limited to: confirmation of information for brochure, compensation, biographies, room setups and handouts.
3. Create a speaker database to record all of the details specific to each speaker and each session.
4. Develop conference brochure in coordination with Housing Services staff.
5. Establish appropriate print deadlines (including brochure and conference materials).
6. Establish mailing deadlines and coordinate brochure mailing.
7. Process conference registrations and send confirmation notices to participants on a timely basis, including the spelling of the registrant's name, company name and session numbers.
8. Create a database to track all conference registrations. This includes contacting participants to clarify registrations or verify information if registration forms are incomplete. Provide a weekly count of registered participants, speakers and Agency staff.
9. Forward registration fees to the Agency on a weekly basis along with a copy of the front of each registration form.
10. Collect all registration fees for the conference.
11. Work with the Penn Stater to handle the onsite logistics, which include: room setups, registration areas, food, beverages, audio-visual equipment needs, special events, speaker and staff overnight rooms and any other onsite requirements. Work with the Penn Stater staff to finalize financial documentation for conference.
12. Create participant badges, speaker badges and name tents, including first, last and company names. Adhere ribbons specific to speakers and Agency staff. Prepare participant conference packets, obtaining tourist information to include in the packet. Copy conference materials and deliver to conference site.
13. Create a conference schedule (at-a-glance) and individual conference signs that list session titles, rooms and times.
14. Provide staff for onsite conference registration and coordination with the Penn Stater staff on sessions, meals, keynote addresses, audio-visual equipment needs and special events.
15. Mail each speaker a list of attendees, their titles and organizations sorted by session 5 days after the early bird deadline.
16. Create, distribute and collect conference evaluations for all sessions, keynote addresses, meals and special events and present them to the Agency at the close of the conference.
17. Provide a final conference report within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the conference. This report must include copies of all conference materials as well as:
* A final count of number of participants, speakers and Agency staff for meals and special events as well as overall conference registrations.
* A review of conference activities with recommendations for improvement of conference planning and onsite activities and facilities.
* A disk containing the speaker and participant databases.
18. Submit a formal written financial report within 1 month of the conclusion of the conference. This report must include a line item breakdown of all costs associated with the conference including invoices submitted to the Agency for direct payment.
Proposals must be received by the Agency by 2 p.m. on Friday, January 31, 2003. Identify cost and staff requirements associated with completion of each of the itemized responsibilities in preparing responses to this Request for Proposals. The Agency will evaluate the reasonableness of costs, experience in conference planning and coordination, provision of services and ability to accommodate the Agency's conference needs in making its determination. Proposals and requests for additional information should be directed to Lisa Yaffe, Director of Housing Services, Housing Finance Agency, 2101 N. Front Street, P. O. Box 8029, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8029, (717) 780-3874, TDD for Hearing Impaired (717) 780-1869.
WILLIAM C. BOSTIC,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 03-114. Filed for public inspection January 17, 2003, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.