§ 35.62. Computation of Commonwealth operating payments.
The Commonwealth payments shall be computed in the following manner:
(1) Calculate the approved FTE in accordance with § 35.61 (relating to full-time equivalent enrollment) for semesters, trimesters or quarters in the academic year and multiply same by 1/3 of the approved per student operating costs.
(2) The Commonwealth shall participate in the payment of continuing education costs for programs and courses in which students are properly registered on the appropriate college forms on the same basis as it participates in payments for normal operating expenses (FTE reimbursement). Each college shall maintain accurate individual student registration records. Each college shall also maintain an official description of each course or program. For purposes of this chapter the following definition of continuing education is provided:
(i) Continuing education includes those services offered by the college which meet educational objectives not normally a part of the curriculum available to full-time or part-time students.
(ii) Continuing education courses/programs incorporate a structured learning experience, with stated content and verifiable educational objectives.
(3) The Commonwealth shall participate in the payment of operating costs incurred in the awarding of credit for life experiences.
(4) Calculate the approved total credits for all other sessions or special courses and divide by 12 in accordance with § 35.61 (relating to full-time equivalent enrollment) and multiply by 1/3 of the approved per student operating cost.
(5) The Commonwealth shall participate in the payment of operating costs incurred in the operation of a community college prior to the opening of classes.
The provisions of this § 35.62 amended February 9, 1973, effective February 10, 1973, 3 Pa.B. 281; amended May 27, 1977, effective May 28, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 1426; amended October 28, 1977, effective October 29, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 3194; amended March 3, 1978, effective March 4, 1978, 8 Pa.B. 486; amended July 16, 1982, effective July 17, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 2282. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (71516) to (71517).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.